As usual, I published my goals at the beginning of August. Now it's well past time to recap them and see how I did.
- Make the June block for Bee Inspired. Jen @ A Dream and a Stitch was the June queen and I didn't get her block done yet. I can make any block as long as I stick to this color palette. My plan is to get the block cut out today. I find that after I get the pieces cut for a block or a quilt, I make progress on it!
- Make the July block for Bee Inspired. Susan @ Seven Oak Street Quilts was the July Queen and I'm afraid I didn't get her block done either.
- Make the August block for Bee Inspired. Karen @ Tun-Na Quilts, Travels, and Eats is the August queen and her block remains undone. Ugh.
- Make a quilt for the Island Batik challenge for August. The Island Batik Great Outdoors Blog Hop was a huge success! I hope you took the time to visit the blogs of the participating Ambassadors and to enter their giveaways! I love the quilt I made for the hop! Read more about it and learn who won my giveaway by clicking here.
- Finish the binding on a quilt I'm making for my friend Alice. I'm so happy that I got this done! Granted it took the shop challenge to make me finally finish it, but I'm glad I did because it think it turned out wonderfully. I call the quilt Besties because that's what Alice is--my bestie.
I tend to use up scraps to make my quilt backings, and I really love how this one turned out! To read more about Besties, click here.
- Write a pattern for Timeless Treasures. Dino Roar is done but not available yet.
- Write a Ruby McKim pattern. Although I made some progress, this project has been put on hold for a bit.
- Cut fabrics for my Happy Go Lucky quilt. Sherry @ Yellow Cat Quilts is hosting the Happy Go Lucky sew along, and I wanted to join in the fun but I haven't gotten my fabrics cut! Ugh. I have picked them out though.
So how did I do?
There were 13 projects to complete in August and I got 5 done. That's 38% One of my worst months yet. Sigh.
I hope I do better in September. Maybe all I need is encouragement or a time machine! <grin> Please come back on Monday when I'll post my September goals.