Time to establish my goals for August! Several of these are rollovers from last month because I didn't get them done. I'm hoping to end that trend this month.
With that said, here are my goals for August:
- Make the June block for Bee Inspired. Jen @ A Dream and a Stitch was the June queen and I'm free to make her any block, using this lovely color palette.
- Make a quilt for the Island Batik challenge for August. The Island Batik Ambassadors are hosting the Great Outdoors Blog Hop in August, and our challenge this month is to make a quilt using our featured fabric from our first box of the year for the hop. My fabric collection is Dear William, which I used in the Modern Batik challenge. I really love it's warm color palette! I've got my design finished and I'm ready to start piecing!
The Great Outdoors Blog Hop starts today and you simply don't want to miss it! By visiting the Ambassadors featured this week, you'll see the latest batik collections from Island Batik, and get a chance to win some great fabric! Here's the schedule for this week. On Monday I'll post the next week's schedule, along with the name of the collection being featured each day.
Each Ambassador is having a giveaway, so visit them first. Then visit Island Batik's blog to enter their giveaway!
- Finish the binding on a quilt I'm making for my friend Alice. This project is my September PIGS challenge (the WIP challenge at the shop where I work) and it is due at our staff meeting September 7th. There's no reason this wasn't already done by now except that I just haven't found the time.
- Write one pattern for Timeless Treasures. Dino Roar was not completed last month, so it's on the list again.
- Write a Ruby McKim pattern. I hope to make some progress on this in August as I await more direction.
- Finish the design for my project for the Designer's Showcase. I'm the featured designer at QuilterChic in September and I'm designing a project to offer as a free pattern. I'm pretty excited about this one!
- Cut fabrics for my Happy Go Lucky quilt. Sherry @ Yellow Cat Quilts asked me if I could donate a free pattern as a prize for her Happy Go Lucky sew along, and I was happy to! Afterwards, she sent all of us who'd donated a prize a copy of her pattern, and I decided that I would like to make the quilt too, using scraps from my stash. The quilt will be a charity quilt, and I plan to use it as my first venture into longarming. It's not too late to join us! After all, this is a happy go lucky quilt! <grin>
- Make the two August blocks for the Fall into a Quilt Along We're releasing two blocks in August, Blocks 7 and 8. Block 7 is released tomorrow, so be sure to drop back to see it and pick up the pattern!
As I said, I didn't do so hot on my goals in July, so I'm hoping to improve upon that in August. Wish me luck!