I published my goals at the beginning of July, and now that it's August it's time to recap and see how well I did at meeting any of them.
- Make a quilt for the Island Batik challenge for July. Well, at least I got this done! And a pretty special quilt it turned out to be. You can read all about it here.
- Finish the applique on my O Tannenbaum quilt top. This project was my August PIGS challenge (the WIP challenge at the shop where I work) and it was due at our staff meeting August 3rd. I'm happy to say that I got it done! This quilt has been handled so much though over the years that it needs some loving care to repair a few seams before it gets quilted. I have no idea yet how I'm going to quilt it, so I need to put the thinking cap on for sure.
- Write one pattern for Timeless Treasures. Dino Roar is underway but not done yet.
- Write a Ruby McKim pattern. Unfortunately, I'm waiting on more direction on this one so I haven't made much progress yet.
- Finish the design for my project for the Designer's Showcase. As the featured designer at QuilterChic in September, I'll be offering a free pattern. I've got the design done, so this month I'll construct it and take photos for my post.
- Create and share a video of my second box of batiks from Island Batik. Got this one done! The video was edited by my daughter and I'm happy to say that she makes me look great. You can see all the beautiful batiks I got in my box by clicking here.
So, how did I do?
There were13 items to complete for July, and I made 6. That's only 46%.
Sigh. I'm gonna have to do better next month. I'll be sharing my August goals with you on Monday.