My regular readers know that I like to post my monthly goals in an effort to push me to finish projects in a timely manner.
Here are my goals for July:
- Make the July block for Bee Inspired. Susan @ Seven Oak Street Quilts is the Bee Inspired Queen for July. Her block is this sweet toadstool. The blocks are for a quilt she's making for her great-niece Tilly. The block is a modified version of a block created by I Am Lunasol, which is similar to a block designed by Patty Sloniger.
Susan's color palette is red, grey and white. I can't wait to get started on this one!
- Make a quilt for the Island Batik challenge for July. This month's challenge is to make a quilt with a secondary pattern. I've got a plan for this one too!
- Finish the applique on my O Tannenbaum quilt top. This project has been a work in progress for forever it seems. It uses intricate piecing, paper-piecing, and applique. The fabrics are all from my stash, so that should tell you something about how large that is! <grin> Anyway, it's my August PIGS challenge (the WIP challenge at the shop where I work) and it's due the first week of August.
- Write one pattern for Timeless Treasures. The pattern Dino Roar! will be available as a free download on the Timeless Treasures website and it features the Dino Parade collection.
- Write a Ruby McKim pattern. I've been given the assignment of writing a pattern for McKim Studios, converting a Ruby McKim original pattern into digital form. It's an honor that I find daunting. Can't wait to get started.
- Finish the design for my project for the Designer's Showcase. I'll be the featured designer at QuilterChic in September, and I need to complete the finishing touches on my project. Each month, the project designed by the guest designer is provided free in PDF form.
- Create and share a video of my second box of batiks from Island Batik. My second box of batiks is on its way, and as an Island Batik Ambassador, I need to make a video of the box opening and share it all with you! Making the video takes some time, but enjoying the box's contents is instantaneous. Be sure to stay tuned as the box is due to arrive this weekend. To give you a taste of what the box might contain, here's my last box opening video from earlier this year.
- Make the two July blocks for the Fall into a Quilt Along Blocks are released every two weeks, and as a host, I make the blocks and provide any assistance I can. The next block will be released next Tuesday. You'll find the quilt along schedule here.
Well, that's it! There are 13 items to complete, which is a bit shorter than last month. Still, wish me luck as I try to complete a long list of projects!