It's no surprise to my regular readers that I've been posting my goals each month in order to push me to finish projects.
Once again the month is half over before I'm even publishing my goals! Not a good sign. Ugh. Anyway, you can see my May goals here and the recap of the month here.
So here are my goals for May:
- Make the June block for Bee Inspired. Jen @ A Dream and a Stitch is this month's queen, and she's letting us choose a block for her. Sounds hard, and it is, but she has provided a photo of blocks she likes as inspiration. These are all from the Quilter's Cache.
Jen also provided this bright color palette to help us in choosing colors. We can make the block any size. Such freedom! Let's see what I do with it. <grin>
- Quilt samples for an upcoming workshop. I've given my lecture, but not the workshops. They were moved to October so I've got more time to quilt up my samples--two table runners that use partial piecing and an on-point setting. The red table runner (Peppermint Twist) uses plain setting triangles and the blue one (Water Vortex) uses pieced setting triangles.
- Make a quilt for the Island Batik challenge for June. This month's challenge is to make a modern quilt. There are so many opinions on what makes a quilt modern that I'm really enjoying the idea of making one.
- Sew two Funky Friends for the Island Batik Fall Market booth. Funky Friends are stuffed animal patterns, and Island Batik uses them in their Market booths. Ambassadors volunteer to make the Funky Friends using fabrics that will premiere at Market so this is another one of those secret sewing projects.
I can show you the Funky Friend I made for Spring Market now. It's Fleur the Flamingo!
Fleur features fabrics from the All A Flutter fabric collection. This collection is part of the Spring/Summer fabric collections so you should be able to find All a Flutter in quilt stores now.
- Write two patterns for Timeless Treasures and one for Dear Stella. I have two patterns to make for Timeless Treasures and one for Dear Stella. All of the patterns feature fabric collections that will be available soon at local quilt stores.
- Finish my PIGS for July. The shop where I work, Always in Stitches, challenges its workers to knock off an item on our PIGS list. Let me back up a bit. The PIGS list is basically our works in progress (WIPs). Each year they come up with a clever name to call them, and this year it was PIGS or Projects in Grocery Sacks. We made a list of 12 items at the beginning of the year, and each month one is selected. If we finish our PIG, we get a gift card. You'd think I'd be all over that, and I was for a few months at the beginning of the year. Then I got so far behind everything that I simply stopped putting it on my To-Do list. This month I might get it done so I'm listing it here. My PIG for July is to finish my quilt along top from last year by adding borders. It's due July 6th. The June challenge is already past due so that's why I'm not listing it.
- Make the June blocks for the Fall into a Quilt Along The quilt along is under way but it's not to late to join in on the fun. Blocks are released every two weeks. Block 3: Bonfire was released last week so I've got one of the two June blocks done. Click here to view my version of the block and to learn where you can get the pattern and enter our giveaway! We're releasing another block on the 26th so I've got to finish that up. Click here to see the entire quilt along schedule.
The list this month doesn't seem overwhelming although making those two quilts will take a lot of time since they are both large. Wish me luck!