At the beginning of May, I posted a list of projects I wanted to get done that month. It's well into June now and so I'm late on my recap. But here goes:
- Make a set of pillows as a sample for the shop. Yippee! I got this one done. About time I'm thinking! This one also fulfilled another goal, and that was to make the May challenge for Island Batik. The challenge was pillows, and my sample was to be made with batiks, so this was a natural. You can read all about the challenge and where I got the pillow pattern here.
- Quilt samples for an upcoming workshop. I gave my presentation at Guild on Thursday and it was wonderful! I promise to tell you all about it soon. In the meantime though I will confess that my workshops were moved to October because of a scheduling issue so quilting these table runners are no longer an immediate goal. If you're in the Indianapolis area, feel free to sign up for my workshops! In this one, you'll learn the art of partial-piecing, and make a table runner from either my Peppermint Twist or Water Vortex patterns.
- Sew two quilts for an Island Batik traveling trunk show. I may not have gotten a lot done this month, but I did pattern and make two quilts for Island Batik! One is queen-sized and the other is king. Yeah, there were many times this month when I was wishing I'd submitted smaller quilts for consideration. But the good news is I got them both done on time and right now they are being photographed for the Island Batik Fall/Winter catalog. I'll be able to share these secret sewing projects with you during Fall Market, but until then, I'll leave you with some sneak peeks so you can get a sense of the colors I was working with.
- Write a pattern for Quilting Treasures and two for Timeless Treasures. Got these done! I'll be sure to share the patterns with you as soon as I am allowed.
- Host a quilt along! Our Fall into a Quilt Along is well under way. For May, I needed to make three blocks, and host the quilt along every other week.
Last Tuesday, The Partners in Design released Block 3: Bonfire. Come join us as we make a fall quilt! Learn more by clicking here.
That's it! Those were my goals for May. So how did I do? Well, let me see. I had 8 projects to complete, and I finished 4 of them. Fifty-percent. Oh well. Maybe I'll do better next month. It's halfway through the month already but I can at least report that I've been knocking things off the list. I'll share my goals with you on Monday.