At the beginning of March, I posted a list of projects. Let's see how I did on each of them.
- Make a set of pillows as a sample for the shop. I'm ashamed to say I've barely started this. Ugh. Better get moving!
- Make shamrock blocks to add as a border to my Irish Eyes quilt top. I've made only one of these so far, but I've sure gotten a lot from my bee mates in Bee Inspired!
- Make a sample of my patterns, Peppermint Twist and Water Vortex as a table runner. This has been on my To Do list for several months now. I'm happy to say that my two besties, Susie and Alice, took pity on me and volunteered to make the samples I needed. I still need to quilt them, but at least I have some samples to show for my upcoming workshop on partial piecing (Y-seams).
- Make a quilt using a new technique. The Island Batik challenge for March was to make a quilt using a technique we'd never used before. I chose to make a Lone Star and you can read more about it here.
- Finish quilting my Halloween quilt. I got this done about a week ago but haven't had the time (or the weather) to take good photos of it. I love how it turned out and can't wait to share it with you.
- Finish secret sewing for an upcoming blog hop. The blog hop was for a great book, Modern Plus Sign Quilts. The blog hop participants were asked to make a quilt from the book. We could change the quilt however we wanted--changing the size, color, and arrangement of the blocks as we liked. I made a mini quilt based on the pattern, Faceted Rings.
- Sew a rep sample for Island Batik. This was another secret sewing project. I got it done but can't show you until the fabric collection debuts at Market next month. Here's the rep sample I made last year, using the Vineyard collection.
- Submit quilt designs to Timeless Treasures and Island Batik. I got these done as well, and I'm happy to say that several were selected! I'm making a sample for Market and several samples for a traveling trunk show, but for now this is all secret sewing.
- Write some patterns for RJR. I'm in the process of writing these now, but most are based on Market fabrics so I can't really show you anything. I can however, show you this! My Cherry Churn Dash pattern exclusive to Keepsake is featured in the new catalog! I have two other patterns that feature the Sugar Berry fabric collection by RJR, and you can purchase them in my shop.
- Design a block. Got this one done too, and the pattern is complete. This is for an upcoming quilt along so you'll just have to stay tuned for the official announcement! <grin>
So let's recap. I had 12 projects on my list, and with the help of my friends, I got ten done!
So why do I still feel so far behind? The answer lies with my list of goals for April. It's impossibly long, and I severely doubt I'll be able to get much of it done, but a gal's gotta try, right? I'll post that list on Monday, so stay tuned!