This has been a busy week for me, so let me recap.
- The 12 Days of Christmas Blog hop ended last week, but the winners announcement is this Friday, so don't forget to check back on Friday if you entered the giveaways. Who knows? You might be the winner of one of the 13 awesome prizes! If you missed the giveaway, you can still visit the participating blogs and pick up tons of free patterns and ideas for the holidays!
- The I Wish You a Merry QAL started yesterday with the first block release. To enter the giveaway, you make the block and post it to one of three places before the next block comes out. It's that easy! Read my post to learn more.
I just received my second box of lovely batiks from Island Batik! I even created a video of the unboxing. This is my first video and I accidentally showed some fabric I'm not allowed to show before Market, so I had to go back and edit the video and well, thank goodness for a daughter who's young and tech-savvy! She literally saved me. The result is pretty clever in the way she covered up my error. Well worth a look-see. Here's a link to that post.
On Sunday I showed off all the blocks I've gotten so far from my online bee mates in Bee Inspired. I'm so psyched to make an Irish Chain quilt at last. The block is a modern version designed by me. Here's my sample block. Click here to see all the lovely blocks.
Finally, on the quilting front, I've been working on my Island Batik challenge for this month. I've pieced together the background for a baby quilt, but I'm adding some secret applique before I quilt it up. Stay tuned for an update later this week.
Time for our weekly feature!
Last week we again had a lot of new participants! Welcome everyone to the party!
This week I'm featuring Jan @ Cocoa Quilts who posted again after a long absence. Jan blogged about her All in Good Time quilt and it's gorgeous! And man I'm just swooning over that black and white striped binding!
Congratulations Jan! Grab an “I Was Featured” button for your blog.
Here are some quick reminders:
- This linky is all about encouragement, so please visit a few of the links and leave a comment.
- If you’re uploading a photo from your phone/computer, leave a comment below that explains your project. And for the rest of us, please reply to a few of these comments leaving words of encouragement for a quick finish.
- Please link back to my post somewhere in your blog post or use @inquiringquilter and #wedwaitloss to tag me in your Instagram/Flickr post.
- If you link a photo from Facebook, please mention @InquiringQuilter and my Wednesday Wait Loss.