Welcome back to Wednesday Wait Loss! This week I struggled to get something done to show. My daughter is home this week for Spring Break, so frankly I’ve spent most of my time with her. My husband is still trying to get over the flu so I’ve been picking up the slack and making all the dinners and lunches and doing the laundry and so on (normally we share those duties which is awesome!) At the same time, I think I’ve finally caught his flu and so my energy level is way down.
As you can see, I have finished the quilting on Besties! Whoop, whoop! Of course, now I've got to trim, add a hanger, and apply the binding, but hey--I made some real progress!
Please keep all the encouraging comments coming. They really help. As a goal, I want to finish Besties this week and quilt my quilt for Kate. Whatever happens though, I promise I'll show something new next week and not just the same old, same old.
This week I want to feature my beemate Mary. Mary is a prolific finisher, and so she always has tons of WIPs and tons of finishes. She is also extremely generous, making tons of charity quilts every year. Last week, Mary shared two charity quilts she’s working on.
Mary is also extremely artistic and I’m sure she’ll be sharing one of her art pieces here soon. Thanks Mary for linking up!
Last week I mentioned the Berry Cross QAL Show it Off Party, and encouraged you all to look at the finished Berry Cross quilts and to vote for your favorites. If you didn’t see the results, click here.
I thought we could try voting during Wednesday Wait Loss, just for fun. The linky will be open until Friday at midnight EST. After the linky closes, you can return here to vote. I’ll keep the voting open until Tuesday at midnight EST. To vote, you click on the heart that appears in the upper left corner of an image. Let's all use the voting to send hearts of encouragement! Maybe you want to give a heart to someone whose work you love and really want to see finished. Maybe you want to give a heart to someone who can really use a hug because they haven’t been making any progress. Whatever the reason, you’ve got six votes (six hearts) to give.
Make sure though, that you also visit the links in the linky and leave a comment on at least a few. And please comment here too--remember that some of our participants don't have a blog to link to, so leaving a comment here for them will be your only want to applaud their progress. Although the little hearts might be nice to get, it’s really your thoughts and words of encouragement that mean so much.
I’m really happy to see all those WIPs and finishes! Let’s make Wednesday Wait Loss our mid-week habit. To encourage you, I’m having a giveaway—a beautiful Lilla charm pack from Windham Fabrics.
To enter for a chance to win Lilla, simply link up! I’ll announce the winner on March 15th. You can link up more than one project if you want, up to three chances a week for a total of nine chances! If you link up multiple times though, please be kind and increase the number of people you visit and comment on so we can spread our love and encouragement around.
Time to link up! If you need help, click here for detailed steps. If you run into problems linking up, just email me your photo and a link to your blog/Instagram and I’ll enter the link manually. Here are the rules for the linky:
- Link up a photo of a quilty WIP (work in progress). If you’ve made progress or have finished a project you’ve linked up previously, feel free to link that up as well.
- You can link up a photo from a blog post, Instagram, Flickr, or upload one directly from your computer if you don’t happen to be a blogger or Instagram/Flickr user.
- If you upload a photo, please explain your project by leaving a comment.
- After linking up, encourage the other participants by visiting a few of the linkable photos and also by commenting on a few of the comments below from people who upload directly from their computers (You can identify the non-bloggers easily because their photos won’t be linkable, or will link right back here to this page.)
- Please link back to my post somewhere in your blog post or use @inquiringquilter to tag me in your Instagram/Flickr post.
- By linking up, you are giving me permission to grab a photo from your post and to feature you next week. Featured photos are linked to your original post.
The linky will be open until Friday, March 10th at midnight EST. On Saturday, the voting will open and will remain open until midnight EST on Tuesday, March 14th. Please join us and let’s finish those WIPs!