Welcome back to Wednesday Wait Loss! I’ve got great news! I finished Kate’s quilt—all done but the label. So soon it’ll be winging its way across the pond to England.
To catch you up, Kate @ Smiles from Kate and I decided to exchange mini quilts. I asked Kate what her favorite colors were and she didn’t really have any except maybe blue. She said she favored solids and she also liked a quilt I made using Moda Grundge so I had a plan.
With that plan, I went to a local quilt shop and started scouring solid blues and other colors that might look nice with them. I had thought to use blue and coral, but ended up a little bit more red. That gave me the title for this little mini—“Allies.”
I thought since the color theme ended up red, white, and blue, and the US and Great Britain have been such great allies, I thought the title appropriate. Anyway, Kate and I are great friends.
I quilted the mini with channel quilting, edge quilting, and a bit of freehand curlicues. I used the same quilting thread throughout, and I think it looks marvelous! Here are the details:
16” x 16”
Designed, pieced, and quilted by Jennifer Fulton
Piecing thread: Aurifill #2900 Light Kakhy Green
Quilting thread: Sulky 40 wt #1237 Deep Mauve
I want to feature Lisa this week. Lisa linked up two projects. The first one these two table runners, now finished. I’ve loved watching this project come together!
Lisa also linked up these wonderfully wonky house blocks. She says they are for a table runner. Won’t it be cute?
Last week we tried voting again and everyone forgot! Oh well. I guess that’s not something y’all want to do so I’ll skip that this week.
Time to link up! The linky will be open until Friday, March 25th at midnight EST. If you need help, click here for detailed steps. If you run into problems linking up, just email me your photo and a link to your blog/Instagram and I’ll enter the link manually. As a reminder, here are the rules:
- Link up a photo of a quilty WIP (work in progress). If you’ve made progress or have finished a project you’ve linked up previously, feel free to link that up as well.
- You can link up a photo from a blog post, Instagram, Flickr, or upload one directly from your computer if you don’t happen to be a blogger or Instagram/Flickr user.
- If you upload a photo, please explain your project by leaving a comment.
- After linking up, encourage the other participants by visiting a few of the linkable photos and also by commenting on a few of the comments below from people who upload directly from their computers (You can identify the non-bloggers easily because their photos won’t be linkable, or will link right back here to this page.)
- Please link back to my post somewhere in your blog post or use @inquiringquilter to tag me in your Instagram/Flickr post.
- By linking up, you are giving me permission to grab a photo from your post and to feature you next week. Featured photos are linked to your original post.
Remember: The linky will be open until Friday, March 25th at midnight EST. Please join us and let’s finish those WIPs together!