I shared with you recently that I’m in a slump both creatively and physically. I’ve been feeling tired, sad and stifled lately and haven’t blogged much as a result. Things are looking up though (or more honestly, I’m making them look up through sheer will) and so with a happier heart, I’ve been out on the Internet getting caught up on my favorite blogs and finding inspiration and lots of quilty loveliness.
Imagine my embarrassment when I found out I’d been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Abigail of Cut and Alter several weeks ago and didn’t know it. After picking my chin off the ground, I decided that this was how it was supposed to be. I might have avoided a bit of my creative slump had I discovered this honor earlier, but then I wouldn’t have experienced the satisfaction of learning how to pick myself up and get over things on my own.
I don’t mind admitting though that getting this award has been awesome and has definitely helped me! So now it’s my turn. First, here are the rules for the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and give a link to his/her blog. Thanks again Abigail! Please visit her blog because it’s truly awesome and she is a dear-heart.
- List the rules.
- Display the image of the award on your post.
- List seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate (up to) 15 bloggers for this award, and notify them to let them know you have nominated them.
Let’s see. Seven things. Geez this is tough.
1. I’m six of ten. Yep, my family was the Waltons. <grin> I’m a middle child, but the eldest child of the bottom half (The gap in years between my older sister and me is the largest gap between any of us children, so it was almost like Mom started another family with me because she took a whole 2-1/2 years off <grin>.) I’m also the last girl. So I think of myself as the eldest, the middle child, and the youngest. Here's a photo of the few of us Dad managed to corral for a photo one day in 1962.
2. My favorite color is red and every variation thereof, especially purple and fuchsia.
3. I love mysteries. I used to read a lot of mysteries, but mostly now I watch them on television. I’m hooked on PBS Mysteries (right now, it’s all about Inspector Lewis).
4. I love science fiction and fantasy. My favorite authors are the classics—Asimov, Heinlein, Bradbury, JK Rowling, and JRR Tolkien. I especially love The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant by Stephen R Donaldson and have read them--along with Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings--any times. On TV, I’m all about Stranger Things right now.
5. I didn’t have plans to have a large family, but I always figured I’d have three or four. God decided though that I could only have one. I feel blessed that I got the best and I love her dearly.
6. I prefer cats to dogs. Nothing against dogs; we had plenty of them growing up and I loved them all. I love to snuggle them and play with them and oooh and aww at their doggy cuteness. But there’s something about cats and how they love you quietly that I just adore.
7. I love Jane Austin and will watch anything based on her works—often more than once. I think I own copies of every version of Pride and Prejudice ever made and I enjoy them all. <grin>
That was hard, but coming up with a nomination list is even harder because so many good blogs have already been nominated but here goes.
Sandra from mmm! Quilts
Christine from Stitch All the Things
Julie from Pink Doxies
Pamela from Sewing Up My Fabric
Heulwen at The Itirnerant Chemist
I hope you will take the time to visit all these lovely blogs because these ladies are awesome!