Hi there Berry Cross quilt alongers! I've been caressing my Christmas fabric pull in anticipation of cutting it up for a small Berry Cross wallhanging!
Today we're having our second linky party. I know some of you weren't at all sure what that linky party was a few weeks ago and let's see if I can help. First--in our linky is just a photo gallery. So to enter our giveaway this week, you need to upload a photo to the photo gallery here on my blog. The linky is what helps you do that.
"OK, but how do I do upload a photo?" you ask. Well, you can do one of three things:
- You can take a photo of your cut fabric with your phone, and upload it to Instagram using the Instagram app. Then you can use the linky to link directly to it.
- If you're not on Instagram, you can simply upload the photo directly to my blog from your computer.
- If you have a blog and you've written a post about the quilt along, you can link directly to that post (and the fabric cutting photo).
Here are the basic steps for using the linky:
- Click the Add Your Link button.
- If you're linking to a blog post or an Instagram image, copy the URL to the post/image in the URL box. Otherwise, skip the box.
- Type your name in the Link Title box.
- Type your email in the Email box.
- If you've linked to a blog post or an Instagram image, select your photo by clicking its Select button. To upload a photo from your computer, click the Upload tab. Upload the image and then click the Select button to choose it.
- Click Done.
Some of you have already shared your cut fabric photos on Facebook, and I want to thank you for that! Personally, I find other people's progress encouraging so I love to see the photos of what everyone's up to! Makes me feel like I can do it too. And looky here, I did! I've cut up my Christmas fabric. I've still got to cut up my berry fabric for a larger quilt though. Ugh. Guess I need more encouragement! <grin>
If you don't find such photos encouraging, then maybe you can use them as a kind of kick in the umptyump to get motivated to cut your fabric. In any case, the Facebook group is all about encouraging and sharing, and I love to see you guys already using it! Keep it up gang!
I also encourage you to share your progress photos on Instagram as well. Not only is it cool to see what you're doing, but others get to see it too and hey, maybe they'll want to join us. Just be sure to use the tags @inquiringquilter #BerryCrossQAL so we can find your progress photos easily.
Now, onto the linky party! Post a photo of your Berry Cross fabric all cut for a chance to win a $25 gift certificate from my quilt along sponsor, Always in Stitches. The linkup will be open through midnight EST Thursday, November 3rd so be careful not to miss the deadline.
If you get their newsletter, Always in Stitches has a coupon good through the end of the month that gives you 20% off fall, Halloween, and Christmas fabric on the bolt. They are also participating in the Wooly Block Adventure, so be sure to stop in an pick up your free pattern. Did I mention that Always in Stitches carries wool too? <grin> For other sales and events, please visit their website.
Check back frequently throughout the week to see all the lovely cut fabric. I don't know about you, but there's something about cut fabric all laid out nice and neat that really gets me pumped to sew something! We'll start doing just that next Friday, same Bat-time, same Bat-channel. <wink>